Tropical Fruit Chiffon Pie
Write a review
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
- 1 box (4-serving size) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Remaining mandarin orange segments
- Mint leaves
- Heat oven to 450°F. Place pie crust in bottom of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Prick bottom and side with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool before filling.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add water to pineapple syrup to measure 1 cup of liquid. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer. Add pineapple and 1/2 cup of the mandarin orange segments. Beat with mixer until creamy. While beating, add gelatin mixture, lemon juice and coconut extract. Chill until mixture is thick but not firm, about 1 hour.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to cream while beating. Reserve 1 cup whipped cream for top of pie. Add remainder of whipped cream to chilled gelatin mixture and mix at low speed. Chill about 15 minutes or until mixture is firm enough to mound. Heap into crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Garnish with reserved 1 cup whipped cream, remaining mandarin orange segments and mint leaves. Store in refrigerator.