Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Bars
Write a review
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 tablespoon)
- 4 oz frozen (thawed) whipped topping (half 8-oz container)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Remove cookies from package; place cookies on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool completely. (To speed up process, refrigerate cookies about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, line 11x7-inch pan with cooking parchment paper.
- Once cookies are cool, place in food processor. Cover; pulse a few times until all cookies are crumbled. Reserve 1 cup of the cookie crumbs. Pour remaining cookie crumbs into pan; press in bottom of pan to form crust.
- In mixer bowl with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add gelatin; stir to combine.
- With rubber spatula, fold whipped topping and 1 cup of the chopped strawberries into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cookie crust. Top with remaining chopped strawberries.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup cookie crumbs evenly over dessert; gently press with fingers. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- To serve, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows to make 15 bars, or into 6 rows by 3 rows to make 18 bars.