St. Patty's Day Mud Balls
Write a review
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Wax paper
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 bottle (16 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ NESQUIK Refrigerated Ready-to-Drink Chocolate Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared chocolate or white frosting
- 48 foil or paper mini-size baking cups
- 1/4 to 1 cup green candy sprinkles and/or shamrocks for coating
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- COMBINE cake mix, 1 1/2 cups Nesquik, oil and eggs in large mixer bowl; stir until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or whisk by hand for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost cake. Now for the fun part, drag fork across cake so that the cake is crumbly. Pour remaining 1/2 cup Nesquik over cake and stir well to form a cakey "dough."
- SCOOP "dough" into 1-inch balls using ice cream scoop; place on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll dough into firm balls (use plastic gloves, if desired), then dip tops (or roll entire ball) into candy sprinkles. Place in baking cups. Refrigerate until ready to serve (will hold 1 day). Serve cold.