Write a review
- 1 16-ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese, diagonally cut in half
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese, diagonally cut in half
- 1 3.5-ounce packages liced pepperoni
- 1 8-ounce can pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup red, green, and/or yellow sweet pepper strips
- 1 strip roasted red sweet pepper
- 2 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. Place thawed bread dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 22-inch long rope. Place on a large greased baking sheet forming a "snaky S" shape. Let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until double in size. Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Hollow out the center portion of the loaf about 1-inch deep and 1-1/2-inches wide, leaving about 2-inches on each end of the loaf. Layer cheeses down the center of loaf, pressing cheese slices down into the hollowed portion of the loaf. In a medium bowl, stir together the pepperoni and pizza sauce. Spoon atop the cheese. Top with the strips of sweet pepper. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake in 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 3. Make a slit in the front of the loaf and insert a roasted red pepper strip for a tongue; insert two pimento stuffed olives with toothpicks for eyes. Makes 8 servings.