Write a review
- 36 large fresh mushrooms (about 2 lb)
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop stems.
- 2 In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, chopped mushroom stems, chives, onion and garlic until sausage is no longer pink; drain, reserving drippings. Stir Bisquick mix and bread crumbs into sausage mixture until mixture holds together. (If mixture is dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved drippings.)
- 3 Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon sausage mixture into each mushroom cap. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place filled mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese.
- 4 Bake about 15 minutes or until hot. Serve immediately.