Rice Krispie Snowman
Write a review
- 16 oz. (450g box) of rice krispies
- 1 bag of white marshmallows
- 2 tbl butter
- white melting chocolate
- candy – soft black licorice, milk/dark chocolate buttons, red sour strap, mini chocolate chips, raspberries (or other)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot till melted.
- Add one bag of marshmallows and stir over a med heat until melted.
- Add 3/4 of a 16 oz ( 450g) box of cereal.
- Once all the cereal is coated, pull off the heat and spread across a sheet of baking paper to cool down.
- Lightly grease your hands and roll cereal mix into two different sized balls. Press the mixture firmly in your hands to hold the shape. Store on baking paper until you are ready to assemble your snowman.
- Scarfs ~ Cut strips of sour straps (or similar) into thirds to make the scarf. Clip the ends of the scarfs to create a fringe.
- Top hats ~ Using melted white chocolate, glue a piece of soft black licorice onto top of a milk chocolate button. When warmed in your hand it is quite easy to roll. Put in the fridge to set.
- Assembly ~ Use the melted white chocolate to assemble your snowman. Sandwich a little scarf between two of the rice krispie balls and refrigerate. Once set, add chocolate chip eyes and buttons and a little carrot nose. I found rolling a small piece of a raspberry jube jube works well for the nose. Finally, top with the hat and refrigerate again before serving.
- Once they are set, slice a little off the bottom so your snowman can sit up nicely.