Raspberry Sorbet Chocolate Wine Bonbons
Write a review
- makes 8 small bonbons.
- Häagen-Dazs® raspberry sorbet
- 3 tbs red wine (such as pinot noir)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- line a tray that fits in the freezer with plastic wrap, or set a wire rack on the tray.
- with a 2-tablespoon size scoop (cookie scoop), form sorbet into 8 firm balls, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. place scoops on prepared tray and return to freezer for 1 hour or until completely frozen.
- chocolate coating
- place wine in a 1-cup glass measuring cup or small bowl. heat on high power 30 to 45 seconds, allowing to simmer about 10 seconds. stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. mixture will be thin. cool, stirring several times, until about the consistency of honey.
to coat bonbons
- immerse one ball of sorbet at a time into chocolate. with a fork, lift bonbon, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into bowl. return bonbon to tray. work quickly to coat remaining balls. return to freezer until coating is set. serve within 2 hours or place bonbons in an airtight container for longer storage.