Pumpkin-Pecan Slab Pie
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pecan Pie Filling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle.
- Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold extra crust even with edges of pan. Crust should come to top edge of pan, sealing any tears in crust.
- In large bowl, using whisk, mix Pumpkin Pie Filling ingredients until well blended. Pour filling over crust; spread evenly. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until filling is set.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, using whisk, mix all Pecan Pie Filling ingredients except pecans until well blended. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin pie filling; spreading evenly.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until deep golden brown and set in center. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting into 4 rows by 4 rows. Top with whipped cream, if desired.