Mickey Mouse Cut Outs Cookies
Write a review
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 12-oz container)
- Decorating icing or gel
- Assorted small candies or decors (optional)
- Premade cookie dough
- 1.In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Separate about 1/3 of the dough, and reshape both parts of dough into logs. The log made from the smaller amount of dough should be much thinner and almost twice as long as the other. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F. Cut larger log into 12 slices. Cut smaller log into 24 slices. Place large dough rounds on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Place 2 smaller rounds on the top of larger round, creating a Mickey Mouse shape. Make sure the bottom edges of the ears slightly overlap the head.
- 3Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add a drop of food coloring to frosting to create a pretty pastel color. Frost cooled cookies in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Decorate with sprinkles or candies if desired.