Lemon Drop Martini
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- Grated peel of 1 medium lemon (2 to 3 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup citrus-flavored or plain vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Edible flower
- Simple Syrup (makes about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Make Simple Syrup (below).
- 2 While syrup is cooling, in small bowl, stir together sugar and lemon peel. Moisten rim of martini glass with lemon wedge. Dip rim in sugar mixture. Chill glass in freezer until ready to use.
- 3 In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, lemon juice, liqueur, 1 1/2 tablespoons Simple Syrup and a handful of ice; shake until well mixed.
- 4 Pour through a strainer into prepared glass; garnish with edible flower.
5 Simple Syrup
- In small saucepan, heat water and sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture simmers and sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.