KISSES Acorn Treats
Write a review
- ROYAL ICING or Decorator's Frosting (recipe follows)
- HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies
- REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips or HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips
- Prepare ROYAL ICING and place in pastry bag with small tip. Remove wrappers from milk chocolates.
- Place mini vanilla wafer cookies on tray or plate with flat side of cookie toward the top. Squeeze small amount of icing onto bottom of milk chocolate piece. Immediately press chocolate bottom onto vanilla wafer cookie. Allow icing to set.
- Place small dab of icing on bottom of peanut butter chip or butterscotch chip; immediately attach to top of cookie to finish acorn.
- ROYAL ICING: Stir together 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon warm water and 1-1/2 teaspoons pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until spreadable. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Transfer icing to pastry bag with desired tip. Cover icing and tip of pastry bag with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out. About 1/2 cup icing.