German Oven Pancakes
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- fresh fruit of your choice, cut into bite-sized pieces
- whipped cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. If you have a convection oven, set it at 425°F (the pancakes rise even higher on the convection setting).
- 2 In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk or fork. Stir in the milk, melted butter, salt and sugar. Add the flour to the egg mixture, a big spoonful at a time as you continue to whisk. Be careful not to over-mix, to keep the pancake light and fluffy.
- 3 Lightly spray a 9"-11" oven-safe skillet with cooking spray.
- 4 Pour the batter into a heated skillet (this will yield a more golden brown, puffier pancake). Bake 12-18 minutes, just until the edges are golden. Check your pancake at the 12 minute mark. Top with the fresh fruit and whipped cream just before serving.