Easy Peppermint Candy Cookies
Write a review
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Betty Crocker™ red decorating sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms. Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass.
- 2 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 3 In small bowl, mix frosting and peppermint extract. Spread each cookie with frosting. Using small spoon, sprinkle red sugar onto cookies in spiral design to look like peppermint candies.