Easter Dessert Peep-Za
Write a review
FOR THE FROSTING
- 12 ounces heavy cream (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
FOR THE CRUST
- Cooking spray
- store-bought sugar cookie dough
FOR THE TOPPING
- Chocolate candies, such as M&Ms
- Salted peanuts
- Prepare the frosting: Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it starts to simmer; do not boil. Put the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and pour the hot cream over the chips. Let sit for 2 minutes until the chocolate melts. Whisk the chocolate and cream together until fully blended. Set aside, whisking every 15 minutes or so, until the mixture comes to room temperature (this takes about 1 1/2 hours). Once the chocolate mixture reaches room temperature, beat it with a standing or hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until it reaches frosting consistency. (Note: You can substitute store-bought frosting here if you wish.)
- Spray a 16-inch pizza pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Prepare the cookie dough : If using homemade; there's no need to refrigerate the dough after it's blended unless you want to make it ahead of time. Pack the cookie dough into a ball, and then flatten it into a disc with your hands. Set the cookie dough disc in the middle of the pizza pan and press, from the middle out, until the dough covers the pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie start to brown. Let the cookie cool completely.
- Spread the cookie with the frosting and top with Peeps, chocolate candies and salted peanuts.