Double Chocolate Candy Cane No Bake Cheesecakes Recipe
Write a review
- 6 CHOCOLATE PARTY CUPS (recipe follows)
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese , softened
- 40 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies , divided
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE PARTY CUPS.
- 2. Remove wrappers from candy cane candies; set aside 10. Place remaining 30 candies in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%)1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and smooth when stirred. Set aside.
- 3. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Gradually blend in melted candies, peppermint extract and vanilla. (Mixture will be light pink.)
- 4. Spoon mixture into prepared cups. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until set. Chop 3 of remaining candies into small pieces. To serve, top each cup with candy cane piece and chopped candy pieces. Makes 6 desserts.
- CHOCOLATE PARTY CUPS
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- 3. Using narrow, soft-bristled pastry brush, thickly and evenly coat inside pleated surface and bottom of each cup. Refrigerate coated cups 10 minutes or until set; coat any thin spots again. (Chocolate mixture may need to be reheated.) Cover tightly; refrigerate until very firm, about 1 hour. Carefully peel paper from each cup. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Fill chilled cups as desired. Makes 6 dessert cups.