Crock Pot Apple Butter
Write a review
- 5 lb Gala apples
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1Peel, core and slice apples. In food processor, grate apples (in batches, if needed). Place in slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, salt and cinnamon stick.
- 2Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- 3Remove and reserve cinnamon stick. In food processor, puree apple mixture (in batches, if needed) until smooth. Return to slow cooker with cinnamon stick.
- 4Cook uncovered on High heat setting 4 hours longer, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Cool completely. Transfer butter to jars; seal tightly. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.