Creamy Corn and Idaho® Potato Salad with Buttermilk Bacon Dressing
Write a review
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- Kosher or coarse salt to taste
- ½ onion, finely minced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups crisp-tender cooked corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch dice. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, add the potatoes, cover the pot partially and return the water to a simmer, then reduce the heat so that the water stays at a simmer. Simmer for about 12 minutes until the potatoes are just fork-tender. Drain the potatoes but do not rinse, and let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes in the colander.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together the onion, yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes, corn, basil, and half the bacon in a large bowl, pour the dressing over and toss to mix well. Turn into a serving bowl and top with the remainder of the crumbled bacon.