Corned Beef & Cabbage
Write a review
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 dry bay leaf
- dash of fresh parsley, cut into tiny peices
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small potatoes
- 8 oz of beer (optional)
- Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef.
- add beer now if you chose to use.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- Add whole potatoes and carrots, and all other ingredients and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want.