Chocolate-Stuffed Peanut Butter Brownies
Write a review
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped (from 15.6-oz bag)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (if using dark or nonstick pan, heat oven to 325°F). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut 12 of the candies into fourths (about 3/4 cup). Stir cut-up candies and chocolate chips into batter. Spread in pan.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press remaining 24 candies in brownies in 4 even rows of 6 candies each. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.