Chocolate Studded Shamrocks
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 2 tablespoons green colored sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour and baking powder in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Stir in morsels. Refrigerate for a few minutes until firm.
- SHAPE dough into 3/4-inch balls; place three together to form shamrock shape on ungreased baking sheets. Roll small amount of dough to form stem. Sprinkle cookies with green sugar. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.