Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding
Write a review
- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
- HEAT evaporated milk in medium saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.COMBINE egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
- BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
- • Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
- • This recipe can also be made with NESTLEÒ CARNATIONÒ Evaporated Fat Free Milk.