Chocolate Peanut Butter Hi Hat Cookies
Write a review
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ cookie mix peanut butter
- Water, oil and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 36 Reese's™ peanut butter cups miniatures (from 8-oz bag)
- Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Chocolate Coating
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Make cookies as directed on pouch; cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer to cooling rack. Cool another 2 minutes, then place 1 peanut butter cup minis in center of each cookie. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 45 minutes.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat softened butter and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and spreadable. Place frosting in decorating bag fitted with tip.
- 3 On top of each cookie, pipe frosting around and over peanut butter cup, getting as much height as possible, making cone shape with peak in center. Place cookies in refrigerator while making chocolate coating, about 10 minutes.
- 4 In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on High 30 seconds, then 10 to 15 seconds, stirring after each interval, until mixture is smooth.
- 5 Dip cone-shaped frosting on each cookie into chocolate coating to coat most of frosting, letting excess chocolate drip off. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place cookies in refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.