Chocolate Almond Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Write a review
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine , softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- CHOCOLATE FILLING (recipe follows)
- 42 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates with Almonds
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in almonds. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie.
- 3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Spoon or pipe about 1/4 teaspoon filling into each thumbprint. Gently press candy in center of each cookie. Makes about 42 cookies.
- CHOCOLATE FILLING: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa, 1 tablespoon softened butter, 2-1/2 teaspoons milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; beat until smooth.