Chocolate Almond Nut Jobs
Write a review
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toast the almonds in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Allow them to cool completely, and then chop them coarsely.
- 2Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl you melt the chocolate in is completely dry; if there’s even a drop of water, the chocolate will “seize”—become stiff and granular—and it will be unusable.
- 3Once the chocolate has melted, take the bowl off the heat and stir in the chopped nuts, completely coating them with chocolate.
- 4Cover a baking sheet with parchment or plastic wrap. Scoop out heaping teaspoons of the chocolate-nut mixture onto the sheet pan. When done, refrigerate until ready to eat.