Baked Ginger Sweet Potatoes
Write a review
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 medium orange)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger (from about 1 [3-inch] piece)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 pounds medium Garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place the preserves, orange juice, butter, ginger, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook until the butter and preserves are melted and smooth, about 6 minutes.
- 2Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with a third of the apricot mixture (about 1/2 cup), and, using your hands, toss to coat. Overlap the slices in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish (we like to alternate the direction of the rows, as shown in the photo). Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- 3Remove the baking dish from the oven and take off the foil. Drizzle with another third of the apricot mixture and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining third of the apricot mixture and bake uncovered until the sweet potatoes are tender and the glaze has thickened, about 10 minutes more. Transfer the dish to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.